Wednesday, October 26, 2011

795 Days Until "G" Day

Introduction

Hi all!  I am starting my masters of science in psychology program tonight and thought blogging the ins/outs, frustration/joy, and ups and downs during the process would be quite cathartic.  To be honest, I am a little nervous about starting this program.  It is not my first choice and given other circumstances I would probably be going in a different direction.  But, alas, we cannot go back and change our past, so I'm stuck with what I can get.  Besides, what's 40 grand give-or-take in tuition fees?  Sure!  Sign me up.  So here goes, in what will hopefully be a long (and successful) means to an end.  When I finally get to put on that figure-flattering black robe and ill-fitting hat and walk the line.  Ten seconds of fame and recognition in trade for blood, sweat and tears (and don't forget the 40 grand!).  First thing you should know about me is I am in idiot when it comes to grammar and punctuation.  I tend to write stream of consciousness, so please please bare with my run-ons, fragments, dangling participial, and miss-spelled wads.  Just kidding...not really.  Not a good combo for a grad student, but I'll muddle through.  Thank God for the efficient MS Word spelling and grammar option!  What would we do without that?  Completely useless.  Might as well get out a 1980's Webster.  Second thing you should know is I am very sarcastic.  Sometimes that will come across in my writing and sometimes it won't.  I'm not actually starting this blog until our third night of class, so I am back dating a couple of these blogs.  Don't worry, I can still remember them fresh in my mind.  So, thanks for hanging on this journey with me (if you do) and if you don't, that's okay too.  As I said, I'm mainly doing this for my own amusement.

Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment